Nov 2, 2010

Android is smoking

This is my first Android development test using the NDK and OpenGL-ES. I quickly adapted some simulation code I found on the web and rewrote the rendering layer to make it compatible with OpenGl-ES. I also fixed a couple of bottlenecks to make it run faster. Here's a video of the result.



So far I like working with the Android NDK and OpenGL-ES although I'm not a big fan of the Eclipse IDE (development environment). Now I'm going to start a shippable project to really get the feel for this new platform.

2 comments:

  1. It's a tablet running Android. Sorry but I can't give more details. Well... I could but that would create a catastrophic chain of event resulting in bad stuff like loosing my house. Sometimes secrets are really annoying.

    If I can by then, I'll tell you at the Quebec WhereCamp.

    ReplyDelete